- Working in Asia for an entire year. I chose my firm because of the strength of its Asia practice and hoped that I would spend time working here at some point in my career. Mission accomplished.
- Maintaining financial discipline. Big law attorneys are paid well and big law attorneys working abroad are paid even better. I'm proud of myself for maintaining financial discipline during what may turn out to be one of my highest-paid years in the workforce. I paid off a car loan, achieved positive net worth, and saved a bundle.
- Finding the limit of my lawyerly ambition.
- Enjoying great physical health. Despite the lack of sleep, terrible diet and a lot emotional distress, I didn't so much as catch a cold between January and December. I recognize this as pure luck as I sure as hell didn't earn it.
- Visiting two new countries. I never imagined I would find myself in Malaysia or South Korea, but life is full of surprises.
- Spending time with my extended family at my cousin's wedding.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Things I was grateful for in 2013: