Monday, December 30, 2013

Day by Day

My head and heart hurt, and I had a few moments today when I felt like I couldn't catch my breath and tears welled up in my eyes while I was walking around the neighborhood.  I'm feeling incredibly frustrated by my inability to control or change the things that are happening in my personal life.  Writing or talking about it doesn't help.

The inside of the elevator at work.

To try to set the right tone for the day, I woke up early, worked out, did my hair and makeup and went out for a long walk and some window shopping.  Tokyo is very quiet the week of New Years.  Many restaurants and shops are closed all week, and people (or at least the people I know) leave town.

Oodles of poodles at the main crossing in my neighborhood
Some pretty fierce press on nails

The booty pads that I've heard so much about from the fellas in the office

I've started a new pro bono project, a new book and a new TV series, and am getting plenty of rest and exercise.

338 days to go.  I am not at all sure how I'm going to get through it.

2 comments:

CP said...

Hugs! you can do it!

Those butt pads are hilarious!

JD-Maybe said...

Im so sorry for you...Wish i could come visit you! You are not having the adventure we all read about when young, single, professionals travel the world...Watch the movie under the Tuscan Sun...and just daydream.