Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Egg Freezing (It's Happening!): Third Appointment

Another early wake up call to get to the hospital to have my blood drawn before 8am and then an appointment at the RE's office to measure the follicles on my ovaries to determine how I'm responding to the medications. My blood work and progress are good, but the RE couldn't find my left ovary on ultrasound. Count me concerned.

As of the third appointment (which was yesterday, actually), my RE started me on a third medication called Ganirelix. This medication, which stops eggs from being released too early, is taken by subcutaneous injection.

For those keeping track at home, this day in the egg freezing process involved:

  • One blood draw at the hospital;
  • One transvaginal ultrasound at the RE's clinic; and
  • Three self-administered subcutaneous injections.

No comments: