Friday, October 7, 2016

Little C Passes Away


After college graduation, my first act as an adult was to make Little C a part of my family. Last night was the first night, since I was 22, that she wasn't waiting for me when I came home. She became very ill earlier this week (and when you weigh a mighty 2 lbs, a couple days of illness and not eating have a dramatic effect). We rushed to the emergency vet and they put her on an IV dextrose drip, administered pain medication and antibiotics, and started diagnostic tests.

The tests didn't indicate a problem and we couldn't figure out how to help her.

So I sat with her at the animal hospital most of the night trying to comfort her (and myself, frankly), missed my flight to London, and spent the next day adjusting to the fact that my best buddy who has been there for all the highs and lows of my adult life was gone.

I feel so fortunate that Little C helped me feel like I had a little family at home for all these years. I will miss her so much.  The house is terribly quiet without her.

6 comments:

blur_ said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

LP Sutton said...

I'm so sorry, dude.

Kindra said...

I'm so sorry.

Metal said...

Very sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon

Jean said...

I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear. Hugs