Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 6: Prepared

My Earthquake Helmet
Last year, when I got off the plane from Tokyo, I realized I had only taken three pictures during the month that I had been gone.  This time around, I am taking more pictures, even if they are just grainy photos snapped with a Blackberry.  And this is how I ended up with a picture of the little white helmet I hope not to have to use while I'm here.

These helmets are issued to every employee in my office and, I think, most offices, which is why one of the images that I most remember from last-year's post-earthquake walk home was the sea of little white helmets everywhere I looked.  I knew a lot of people who carried their helmet with them for the next week.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That is creepy!

Paragon2Pieces said...

yeah, just hope i don't have to use it!