Thursday, December 8, 2016

Egg Freezing (It's Happening!): Fourth Appointment

At this point in the cycle the crook of both my arms are bruised from blood draws and my abdomen is freckled with the memory of nearly 20 injections.

I drove to the hospital this morning to have my blood drawn again. Then, to the clinic to have an ultrasound. Today, the doctor could see both my ovaries (an improvement from the last appointment when one was missing in action) and while the follicles are growing in diameter, we aren't ready for retrieval just yet. This means a refill on some of my medications and an 8am doctor's appointment over the weekend.

I feel exhausted and lonely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For other reasons, I am also going for daily blood tests and monitoring, with the occasional ultrasound. It is absolutely exhausting--- physically and emotionally-- and I have to keep reminding myself it will be worth it in the end. Hang in there. Lots of us are rooting for you, and are so impressed you are doing this.

KW said...

I did similar procedures (for months and months) when we were having fertility problems. I'm sorry. I think this process sucks under many circumstances. But, I echo the sentiments above, we are rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Agree-- more power to you for taking the future into your own hands. I find it hard to imagine you'd ever look back and regret this course of action. Rock on!