Sunday, December 2, 2012

Texas BBQ in Tokyo

On Saturday night, I went out to White Smoke for Texas BBQ in Azabu.  I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised.  They have a smoker on their first floor and the meat was on par with County Line or Salt Lick (well-known Texas BBQ joints I frequented when I lived in Austin, Texas).  White Smoke has room for improvement when it comes to the sides--cornbread and biscuits could definitely be better (both were dry and the biscuits were downright hard).  But they have the pecan pie down!  I had a taste of a friend's slice and was surprised by the generous quantity and great taste of the toasted pecans.

I have been having some trouble with my appetite since I moved to Tokyo and just haven't been eating much.  Saturday night was the first time in a long time that I left a meal feeling completely satisfied!

No comments: