Sunday, April 21, 2019

Peloton: 150 Rides In

In January, I wrote about completing my first 100 rides or cycling class on the Peloton I purchased in August 2018. Last weekend, I finished my 150th ride. This is a milestone I wanted to reach during Q1 2019. I'm a little behind schedule.

Generally, rides 101-150 were shorter and less intense than the first 100. I've included some data points below:

Rides 1-100
  • Average length: 45 minutes
  • Average output: 332 watts
  • Average distance: 13.15 miles
  • Average calories burned: 426 kcals
Rides 101-150
  • Average length: 38 minutes
  • Average output: 259 watts
  • Average distance: 10.71 miles
  • Average calories burned: 331 kcals

What happened? I felt blue in January and February. It was also the case that at the beginning of the year I finished a "collection" of 45 minutes classes and started two collections of 30 minute classes. This explains the drag on my numbers in part, but I was also bringing less intensity to each ride.

This isn't the end of the world. A workout doesn't need to be perfect to be worth doing. Still, I hope to crank it up over the course over the next 50 rides before I check back in.

The big win here is that I'm still exercising consistently and I've added regular stretching to the routine (more on stretching in a later post). Since my Peloton was delivered in August 2018, I've cycled 1,836 miles over 6,350 minutes.

I'm hoping to complete 350 rides by the end of the year. Onward!

No comments: